- Be Famous
This daring strategy seems to be working effectively for Britney Spears, John Cleese and Tina Fey. By cleverly arranging to already be famous, they have a built-in audience when signing up for social networks.
- Have lots of followers on other social networking sites.
- Have a high traffic blog or web site
Post links to your twitter page on high-traffic sites such as CNN or Digg.
- Offer your famous iPhone to a random follower
Of course, some would consider that crass. Especially if you have to give away a different phone...
- Mention your twitter account on This Week in Tech as often as possible.
(I'm looking at you, Jason Calacanis, Robert Scoble, and, of course, John C. Dvorak.)
- Visit another planet
- Engage in a highly publicized Twitter follower competition with Leo Laporte.
- Be the head of a large organization and make your employees follow you.
- Follow everyone. Hey it works for Guy Kawasaki!
- Be President of the United States.
and the best way to increase your Twitter followers:
|Technorati Tags: Britney+Spears, Kevin+Rose, Twitter|