Using bitpim, I had a slew of custom MIDI ringtones on my previous phone.
But until a few minutes ago, I had been thwarted in my attempts to get a (free) custom ringtone on my Gleam.
So here's what I did (this process requires a micro SD memory card)
1) Put in a memory card, turn on the phone, and format the card
2) Turn off the phone, pull the card and put it in a USB reader
3) Copy the desired file to the my_sounds folder
4) Unmount the SD card, put it in the phone and boot 'er up
5) Navigate to Menu:Get It Now:Music & Tones:My Sounds
6) Cursor to your file and hit the right smart key "Options"
7) Send the file to yourself
8) When you get your file, download, and set as a ringtone!
Verizon still got ding me for the SMS message, but I didn't pay for a stinking ringtone.
television Product Review iPhone Dr. Horrible Music xbmc bittorrent ubuntu HTPC Twitter iTunes IPTV App Store DVD Social Trends cell phones copyright streaming video Advertising Blogging Capsule Google apple backup Amazon Customer Service Facebook Minneapolis Net Neutrality PRO Productivity RIAA Social Networking TV Review YouTube digital TV ipod newscorp passwords piracy podcasts snow windows 3D Android BSG Creative Commons DMCA DSL FCC HDMI J-Pop Privacy Remote Control StarCraft World of Warcraft earphones gPodder publishing security streaming audio winter